Sunday 18 April 2010

Penny Black Challenge


This is my card for the Penny Black challenge this week which is Monochromatic brown
Now brown I can do- am a very brown person so glad it was brown and not pink- can't do pink at the drop of a hat need time to build up to pink
The card is a bit on the softer side for me too but I do love that PB flower stamp and I used Brushed Corduroy distress ink all over everything
Now I should have been saying I am having an early night tonight after working today but just had some texts and phone calls and now have some 40th birthday cards to make for tomorrow and my friend from work text to say she just got engaged so guess who is up half the night making engagement cards
And as for yesterday I did go out in the garden for a couple of hours but think I went a bit mad and went into overdrive and did too much that I am still all sore from it... silly brush broke(believe me I used stronger words at the time) and had to get down on hands and knees and scoop up dead debris and whats the deal with the weeds... where do they come from- I don't have a green finger on my hands at all except if you count growing a vast and varied and very fast growing array of weeds as being green fingered
Oh well better get stuck into these cards or there will be no bed at all for me
AllisonX

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Allison, love the monochrome look and your card is so classy, well done!

Barbaraxx

Chrissie said...

Lovely card... I love the gentle sepia tones!
Chrissie

Tasha said...

OOOOHHHHHH so pretty! The hint of glitter is gorgeous! fabulosu card
love tasha xx

Jules said...

Hi Allison

This is gorgeous - love your image choice and that beautiful ribbon with the little flower.

Sounds like you have been pretty busy both gardening and cardmaking.

Hope you got some sleep LOL!!

Love Jules xx

Kath Stewart said...

so gorgeous and I love the sparkle on the image.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

Sarpreet said...

a gorgeous card, good luck with the challenge