Friday 6 February 2009

Daring Cardmakers


I have not had the time lately to take part in this challenge but when i saw that the challenge this week was to create an Oriental card without using black and red I thought Ooh I have the very thing- a kit I bought ages ago from QVC with beautiful silk papers and embellishments.
The paper was so lovely in itself that it didn't need much more- I added gold ribbon and a matching brad with a tag which has flipped over to the side with the saying on it but the front matches the paper and the little sentiment in the corner says "the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step"
AllisonX

14 comments:

Karen said...

I love the simplicity of your card, it looks sooo oriental! X

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card Allison...love the colour combo and may have to have a go at this one too
Hugs
kath xxxx

SueH said...

You’ve done a great job with your card Allison and I think you were right to keep your card simple
That paper is stunning!

Thanks for joining in with my DCM challenge this week.

Lisa Olson said...

Wow this is totally awesome, I love it so different.

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is lovely, really like the paper it is fab. Really nice and simple Hazel xox

Jozza said...

Gorgeous card Allison! Well done on rising to the challenge. I'm afraid I don't own one single item of oriental stash so I bottled it this week. x

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card, beautifully created!

Rika said...

Wonderful card!

Cheryl said...

This is very pretty Allison! I do love the colors you choose.

Traceyr said...

Those papers are gorgeous and a very effective card.

Traceyr :)

Chrissie said...

Very classy!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Love the gold!! :)

Carol said...

Lovely Allison, so elegant :)
Want to try this challenge too! will miss some ZZZZ's this week methinks!!

Hugs
Carol x

Lythan said...

this is so, so elegant Allison. Very oriental in its simplicity!